Scooby Newbie

Member#: 92086
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2002 wrx stage 2
Subaru Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPOutlet
Have you messed with the exhaust at all? If so, check for an exhaust leak before messing with the arm. If you have a leak, it will usually cause a decent amount of wastegate flutter.
im still curious about this though, what is the best way to find if i have a leak? im kinda paraniod about having a leak so you saying that just made me doubt my former conclusion that i didnt have one. is it obvious when you have a leak? i took all my heat shields off while it was cold and while it was warming up i felt around the manifold to uppipe the uppipe to turbo and the turbo to downpipe and didnt feel anything. could i still have a leak. the wastegate flutter is bugging me and i want to get rid of it but id rather not mess with the wastegate if i dont have to. just from what ive heard from the thread on here about tightening it there were some not so good results from some people. so footnotes, if i have a leak would it likely be obvious or should i search for it more before messing with my wastegate? thanks for the help everyone
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
rotaman is offline   Reply With Quote