austintheen
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 68861
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
Silver

Default OTS Stg2 with only DP?

I'm still a noob, so if this is the wrong forum, please move it. Other than that, here it goes. I just finished installing a Stromung downpipe onto my 02 WRX. After that I (upon reading here that it would be *ok*) upgraded my ECU to Cobb Stage 2, 93 Octane 1.30 with my Access Port.

I drove around town and it felt like a dog, AP Live boost said I wasn't getting over 8psi.. Drove back to the house, did a ECU reset and that seemed to go away, atleast it got 13psi the next trip out.

So I started searching on here and found the wastegate actuator rod mod, and tightened that up 2 full turns after running datalogs of the car with ECUEdit. After I was satisfied the car was getting target boost 15.8psi (+/- .5) I started looking at the datalogs. My concern is the knock correction values under boost.

Here's is the engine mod list
  • APS catless UP
  • Stromung Ceramic coated DP
  • underdriven lightweight pulley
  • Cobb AP Stage 2 93oct 1.30
  • snorkel removal

Everything else looks decent to me. It's no protune, but once I get more $$$ I'll get the rest of the toys (TMIC, CBE, pnp Headers, pnp Monster TD05)

Here is a before and after according to my GTech Pro. Runs were done before and after, about the same fuel level and same temp on the same road. I didn't launch hard either time (I like my clutch!).

I'm not sure why the graph is so spiky, it doesn't feel like it surges or anything, I think it might be the pitch factor setting is to low.

So what's everybody think? Is it normal to get 30 HP from a downpipe and reflash?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
austintheen is offline   Reply With Quote