Old 08-06-2006, 06:36 PM   #7
desert pirate
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 70033
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
use thesearchbutton
orotherswillcry

Verc, I deffinately have used the search and have been sifting through MANY charts!

theicewall, yes it is true not many stock vs. upgraded turbo charts are posted but I know some are out there and would like to see them if some one has them hiding. I think at this point it is irrelevent what I am running, I am trying to gather data to make a better informed decision about what I would like to run. Thank you for your kindness.

Newsti, I think torque is more determined by airflow, say just for example turbo x makes 15psi(which equates to 300cfm) by 3000rpm and turbo y makes 12psi(which equates to 320cfm) by 3000rpm, well turbo y would make more torque.

If I had the data from one dyno on what a wrx or sti puts down stock, and then data of wrxs or stis with an assortment of larger turbos, I could call the stock turbos X, larger turbos that while made maybe less boost but more torque Y, and then turbos so large X torque was not made untill after say 3000rpm Z. This is the relationship I am after, I also have posts in 2.0 and 2.5L power but have not gotten anywhere. I am interested in finding the lose of low end torque point for both 2l and 2.5l turbo wise.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
desert pirate is offline   Reply With Quote