NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
QuickSilver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchbuilder
However, there seemed to be some funny stuff going on with the "other" poster and his power claims which were being taken as "good tech" which seems to me just silly.
When you provide any actual proof that what he stated isn't possible, then I'll believe. All that you've done so far is throw out meaningless, speculative numbers.

Quote:
So let's just say that we have a 30% drivetrain loss, that means that an RS actually has about 115whp (165 x .70= 115) which according to most dynos I have seen is being generous by about 10whp.
Sweet, because my car dyno'd at 168whp, so by your math I've got 60+ hp over stock! Man, I'm making more power than a stock WRX! Too bad my 1/4 ETs and trap speeds don't support that bit of magical math.

Quote:
Having driven a well-sorted 2.5rs with a true 50whp over stock, I can say that it's a hoot, especially around 7000rpm.
Rather than enlightening us with more of your simple math, how 'bout you tell us about this car with a true 50whp over stock. What's it got done to it?

Quote:
You just cannot get that much power from bolt-ons on a modern NA car.
Tell that to the LT1/LS1/LS4/LS6/LS7 guys who are getting more than that with just cams and long tube headers - no head work, no intake work, no ECU tweaks.

Quote:
Secondly, we can't see a baseline pull so we have no way of knowing what this car is acually making as far as power goes. Dyno numbers are meaningless without a relation on which to compare.
Yet you keep providing "proof" that his dyno results were wrong by giving examples of other cars on other dynos. You're defeating your own argument in the same post!

Quote:
I bet in the best of worlds an RS with I/H/E and some tuning is making at MOST 10whp over stock.
And you'd lose that bet in a heartbeat. With header and exhaust alone I made a DYNO PROVEN, ON THE SAME DAY, ON THE SAME DYNO 14whp at the peak and nearly 18whp at redline. Adding an intake and S-AFC picked up another 10whp or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally_wgn
Thanks guys for trying to keep this an informational thread, please take the benchracing to Proven Power or OT where they actually enjoy this kind of stuff.
I'll be happy to comply with your request, Greg, when hatchbuilder brings some actual technical information to this thread. I don't think it's "benchracing" to counter his imaginary, misguided math with some actual numbers.

Pat
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Patrick Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote