Scooby Newbie

Member#: 65688
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2001 junkyard heap
Black/dirt

Default OL/CL delay and P0328?

P0328 being knock sensor high high output
I assume these two are related on my car. I tried some searching but it seems not many people have both these problems at the same time. Also note, my car is cursed, if its the worst thing that these problems could be, thats what it is.

I have an 04wrx engine in my 01RS, when I did the swap I bought a custom 2.5" catless TBE.
I didn't know about the OL/CL delay problem at all. I just knew a stock RS exhaust wouldn't fit/work at all, so I bought a new one. If you HAVE to buy an exhaust, who buys a stock one?

After swap was all done everything was installed it ran fine. It was WAY too loud and wouldn't pass inspection so I put a 2.5" cat in 3rd cat location. Then my car runs limp mode and gets the new CEL, P0328. BUT the problems I noticed are described in both OL/CL delay threads and threads about P0328.

When I posted thinking it was knock senor being bad (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...php?t=1041638), eveyone said "just replace it". Now I read that its an issue with the OL/CL delay in the 04wrx with a catless DP.
So my question is: If you actually have knock, setting the sensor off, does the code stay up ALL the time, Or is that a sign of a bad sensor?
If I get my ECU reflashed, will the CEL turn off?

I don't want to spend the money to get the knock sensor replaced just to find out a reflash (which I am not paying for) will fix it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Parsons is offline   Reply With Quote