Member#: 104012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Wagon
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterex
First off, I enjoyed your thorough review. I have a couple comments:

I don't think the Konis are "soft" at all. They definitely have more compliance than some of the setups out there, but definitely not at the expense of performance.

The softness you feel might be your springs. While an improvement over stock, they aren't quite as stiff as JDM Pinks. Plus, if anything, I think that your Konis may be overdamped. I run Konis with Ion Performance Sport Spec springs (which have rates comparable to JDM STi pinks- i.e. a bit stiffer than the springs you're running), and I find that the springs are pretty overdamped on the street with anything greater than 3/4 turn in the front and 1/2 turn in the rear. Try dialing the Konis back a notch, let them break in, and see if you like the handling better then.

Also, did you get your alignment yet? That may further reduce feelings of sloppiness.
In fact, my suspension seems to getting stiffer and stiffer day by day after the installation.
Maybe the springs still need to be settled after the disassembling.
It does feel stiffer little by little. The konis really gives me what I want now, I really love them.
About the alignment, I maximized my front camber with 4 camber bolts by myself (judged by eyeballing only).
Alignment is scheduled with Andrewtech Automotive tomorrow. Wish they
can really do me good on coming auto-X event.
Everything feels to me so far is a big step improvement, I am very happy with them now.

BTW, for the Auto-X, what kind of setup (koni) will you suggest?

Sammy
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by SammyRex; 08-09-2006 at 05:04 PM.
SammyRex is offline   Reply With Quote