View Single Post
Old 02-12-2002, 02:14 PM   #43
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 14835
2002 Impreza WRX 4D

I had that smell for the couple days after i got my new wrx, but i have been ignoring it by switch my air conditioning to inside routing instead of take air from outside. since you guys have mentioning the smell and seems like a lot people is having that problem. i just took my car for a run and try to do everything to my car (sudden acceleration, hard braking, quick turn, abusing clutch, etc) to make that smell but it just won't do it. i also check all the host after the run and i see no leaking or what so ever. when i first test drive a wrx from the dealer, i smell the same thing too after i park the car and check out the engine. and i ask the sales person, he said it's the clutch burning. i didn't ask why, but he seems not too impress about that smell. i know there's another post about the smell issue in vivid's forum. the address is
it might not be much help but maybe you can get what you want to know there... anyway, i hope all you guys get to fix that problem soon. good luck y'all.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Mwahaworld is offline   Reply With Quote