0BlueSTi4
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 98955
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Hatch
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo tecnica View Post
I just did this mod in my STi this last week, looks great. I did the OEM boost gauge, key ring, radio + screen, and HVAC. Had to trim the bulb covers a bit but it wasn't a problem. I double-bagged them except for the boost gauge. They are a little dark at night but I know where everything is so it's not really a problem... looks 100x better than the green too. Thanks Trunk_Monkey for the write-up on all of these.
How did you do the HVAC one???

I tried doing the HVAC today and discovered that the back of the HVAC looks totally different then what is pictured here. Also, instead of there been 2 bulbs there are actually 4 of them and the worst part is that they are smaller so the .2 bulb covers do not fit. The bulbs were smaller then the ones found on the OEM turbo gauge or the key hole ring. Each individual bulb sits in a plastic holder which in turn screws into the HVAC. When I tried to slip .2 covers over the bulb and on top of the plastic holder the covers stayed on but the bulb would not fit into the mounting hole in the HVAC. So basically I had to put everything back together the way it was and call it a day.

Anyone else have that problem on 04? I guess I might have to get the .12 bulb covers instead and try my luck with those.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
0BlueSTi4 is offline   Reply With Quote