Old 08-29-2006, 01:55 PM   #1
Woofy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 99294
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
05 sti
Black,IBthatsracist.

Default URGENT!....high idle around 2,500rpm need help!

heres the deal. stock 2.5 aside from a CAI and underdrive pully.....yesterday it was driven in the rain while laking a spash gaurd on the side the CIA filter sits on.....not a smart idea on my part,didnt plan on driving it long and i didnt drive it long only into town and to the bar then i drove it home.....well half way home it started to bog down so bad i couldent move....so thismorning i took my whole intake off cleaned it cleaned my MAF and let it all dry out,replaced it and now it idles very high.....i can imagine i need to do a full oil change due to the fact there is proly water in it and i dont want my oil braking down and my engine dieing....

id like to know if its safe for me to drive it into the shop so i can do a oil change today or if i should get it towed.....i havent driven it yet today so i dont know if its bogging down or not all i know is it has a high idle

any help would be awesome due to the fact that i have no car right now my truck has a blown starter and my maxima is clutchless....im nothing but bad luck
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Woofy is offline   Reply With Quote