Old 08-30-2006, 04:55 PM   #35
AZScoobie
Scooby Guru

Member#: 8785
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
02 c_turner@ix.
netcom.com

Dont compare STI 2.5 engines to Legacy or Forester or even new WRX 2.5s.. The cam map is changed ALOT and for good reason. The little Td04 turbo. I spent 2-3 hours mapping the legacy. I had to start from scratch because nothing worked as it should.

I took a good look at the cam map one day and something occured to me.. I began to remap it from scratch. What I found was very interesting. I think Subaru actualy put that Cam map in the car to reduce power output of the 2.5 STI engine. Once they obtained the 300hp they where after they used the AVCS System as a detuning feature. My only regret is that I did not map AVCS out sooner. The changes are pretty dramatic Talk to people that have my new STI map. They will tell you power does NOT let up at ALL until 7200 rpm

I am have yet to map out my Type RA heads on the 2.5 block with 35R. I will when it goes on the dyno next. Now that I am running the SPeed density system on the Utec my car finaly runs right. The Cams will just be Gravy for an already killer setup.

Clark
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AZScoobie is offline   Reply With Quote