turbinepwr
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 31189
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STI
CGM

Talking Glad I could help!!!

Hey Dex!

It was a lot of fun helping get this project started, and I must say I was very impressed with COBB as well. To be fair I called/emailed the top 5 or so Subaru tuning shops in the US, and several offered to help, but only COBB was able to come up with a solution that retained the 6 Speed transmission.

Trey called me back personally within a few hours of receiving my email, and was very enthusiastic about engineering a solution to your particular problem. Being an engineer myself I was very impressed with his level of enthusiasm for the project. There is nothing quite as tenacious as an engineer with a fascinating new puzzle to unravel!

He mentioned that he was on his way to Japan for a trade show and that he would do some shopping while he was over there to locate the 5Zigen system, as it was not sold in the US. When he got back to the States he informed me that the system was discontinued, but that he was able to track one down, and with that I bowed out to let you take over...

My STI has been COBB Stage 2 for two years now, and I plan on purchasing their products as much as possible in the future. A lot of companies can engineer a good product, but it is rare to find one that also truly cares about their customers and is so willing to go the extra mile when called upon. My hat is off to Trey and the entire COBB team!

Tom

PS - I don' t know how much your Dad told you Dex, but this was his idea!

PPS - When do I get to go head to head with you? I need some dyno time first!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
turbinepwr is offline   Reply With Quote