Scooby Newbie

Member#: 108517
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
WR Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicYelloWRX View Post
Go with a built and balanced 2.5l. Back when I did my swap there weren't too many options available for built motors and swaps and the price of JDM motors was cheaper. If you have to worry about emissions testing it will be much less of a headache going with a 2.5. The V7 motor is great, but there are much better options out there and a nicely balanced 2.5 will be just as smooth as an ej207 if not smoother. A nice option would be the Gruppe-s 2.1l high rev block that is a built ej207. That's what I will do if I ever blow my 207 up.
as for emissions testing, I think that's hard to say what he should do. Where I'm at emissions testing is simple plug into the computer check for codes no codes found and you pass. now if he's gotta do a tail pipe test then yeah I can see what you are saying as a valid point. But from what I've been seeing is around the country they are doing OBDII tests only on 1996 and newer cars. Some places if it fails the OBDII test they will tail pipe test it but in Illinois your only option on a 96 and newer car is OBDII test you fail that and you have to fix it till there are no stored codes. Even if the code is something stupid like a tranny code which has no effect on emissions output.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ScoobyRacing03 is offline   Reply With Quote