Thread: Brullen Headers
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2002, 02:04 AM   #7
hayabusa
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 6084
Thumbs up

I think I was one of the first to receive a complete Brullen Header-back system.

I have had this system since the end of last November 2001. To date I did get a few CE lights, but Brullen has fixed the problem with an electrical fix to the rear O2 sensor. There was also a re-location of the front sensor closer to the high flow cat.

I have worked closely with Brullen and Joe T. regarding this new system and have driven approx. 15000km since the initial install. Since the CE light fix, I have had no further problems and the car does feel like it has more power/torque. My fuel economy has also increased...nearly 100 additional km per tank.

After my first CE light I was a little disappointed, by since I was #2 or #3 to receive the header system, I realized this was a new frontier and my "picky" 2001 RS was the most sensitive model for O2 sensor as far as error codes are concerned. Now the car works fantastic, and I have driven at least 3500km with no CE lights.

The sound from this system is simply awsome. I get many interested looks when I drive by and down shift. Top speed that I have taken this beast to is approx. 200kph with much less effort required. The pull from low RPM's is also greatly improved.

Brullen has always been available to help me when I needed help, and I have nothing but respect for this company. Richard (owner of Brullen) is a great guy who was even willing to work on my car over many late (10pm) evenings, when many other manufacturer would have closed shop at 5pm.

For the performance, quality and great customer service, I highly recommend any Brullen system.

For the record, the main performance mods on my car are:
-Brullen header-back exhaust system
-Ganzflow intake (enlarged 3" to air-box)
-Clutchmasters stage 3 clutch
-Unorthadox light weight flywheel

Best regards,
Pete.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
hayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote