X4 SRT
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 40636
Vehicle:
2001 2.5 RS Coupe
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResort View Post
Any more information on N/A builds lately? Anyone try the new 3.0? I realize there are huge issues with the immobilizer.
The only person that seems to really be making a splah in the N/A world at this time is Ryan from Subiesport. I'm sure everyone in here is following it closely.

The zth car has a nice build from what I've heard, I haven't read the article yet. Full exhaust, head work, high comp pistons, and the very first AP for an RS. Numbers from what I've heard put the car in the 230chp range. Right off the bat the numbers sound a little low to me, but again, I haven't read the latest article, or really asked in detail what is up with the car. Ryan says the car can rev to 8k. That would be interesting...man I need to get my hands on the latest subiesport. I want to read about this car.

Other than that zzyzx is the king when it comes to N/A builds. 300chp from an ej251 with lots of work. The list of parts doesn't look that bad. There are a few things they did, that they aren't telling people, but I guess that is understandable since they put in all the time and money.

I'm in the mind set that for a daily driven car, 300chp is out of reach. However I don't see a problem in getting somewhere between 260chp and 280chp. Larger fuel pump, WRX injectors, agressive cam, head work, 11:1 pistions, 91, maybe a 91 100 octane mix, 2 1/2 inch exhaust from header back, ITB's or a manifold that has really good air flow, and a good tune, and I thik you will be there or darn close. Just if I had the money. Here's to dreaming...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
X4 SRT is offline   Reply With Quote