View Single Post
Old 02-27-2002, 06:51 PM   #48
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 434
2002 WRX
WR Blue

One more for the log.

Driving home Monday and I was hit by almost over powering fuel smell.

I called the dealer and the service rep had me call SOA roadside assistance and have it brought in. They specifically requested I didn't drive it.

They didn't get to look at it until today (tow truck driver took it to the wrong dealer - :monkey: moron!). They were able to duplicate the problem. According to the dealer it was the two rubber fuel lines under the manifold. He said they have tightend it up and so far no more problems.

Of course it's not as cold as it was Monday - 9 deg. F. Hopefully it doesn't come back.

The dealer said this is the second one they've seen and they are reporting it to SOA as a problem. Hopefully SOA will come up with a good fix as it seems there are quite a few with the identical problem.

Not sure of the build date on the WRX but it was part of the first shipment. I got it about a week after they went on sale. I have about 8K miles on it. Mods are cat-back, K-N and airbox opened up. Never had a CE light or any other problems.

I will pick the car up in the morning. I will post if it re-occurs.

Mike G.

Edit - Follow up: Picked the car up from the dealer this morning. It's still cold out although not as cold as the other day. The invoice has the following text: (all spellings are the dealers)

"Customer states there is a very strong smell of gas coming from the engine

Cause: Loose 442141 fuel injector deliveryhose oneor all

... stuff about the techs licnese and parts costs omitted ...

RR Alternator & Pwr strg pump located fuel rail hoses tightened all clamps (seep fuel causing very strong fuel smell) Rinsed off let run 1HR no more fuel leak. (turbo engine)"

No smell on the drive into work. Will update the log if it reoccurs.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by GMan; 02-28-2002 at 10:32 AM.
GMan is offline   Reply With Quote