Thread: Winter Tires
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 11:45 AM   #1
Tup
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 129133
Default Winter Tires

That time of year again. I'm thinking of getting separate winter tires and wheels for the Tribeca. I plan on getting 235-65-17 tires on separate 17" alloy wheels which will fit according to tire rack. Looks like there should be plenty of room for the brake calipers. 17" gives a whole lot more and cheaper choices than 18".

Now, I think I'll leave off the TPMS sensors....would cost another $400 plus I think I would need to reset the system. So I think the TPMS warning light will either stay on or flash. Flashing may get annoying and it may be hard to cover the warning due to the oddly conical shaped cover plastic over the tach. Anyone know if it will flash or stay on?

Also, when I put the stock wheels back on in the spring...will I need to reset the system (I think this requires some sort of tool) or should it just go back to normal?

Anyone else put winter tires on? I think I'll get the cheap $99 alloy wheels and Michelin latitude X-ice. Expensive to import to Canada from Tirerack but still cheaper than anything i can find here.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Tup is offline   Reply With Quote