Old 11-03-2006, 10:01 AM   #8
Unabomber
Big Ron

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

Thanks for the feedback Pat. Most of it I can't use as I'm trying to be vague with this FAQ and not state which should be used, only highlight things to consider. Advice on differentials is terribly hard to come by and I've talked to several titans of the industry and they all say different stuff. I pointed out the 20kg center viscous unit, the aftermarket DCCD controllers, and the rear end diff shimming/R180 angle change as they are unknown to most, and not so much as things to do as to things to research since they aren't commonly known. Heck, the R180 angle change thingy was "discovered" only 2 weeks ago by Franz when he was helping me. Now he's all giddy to try it out.

I do highly agree with your opinon of diffs though that predictable is best, but I put in all the clutch type stuff as many here like the "bling" of running them. I also appreciate your comments about the Quaife unit. As with most of my FAQs, I try to remain brand neutral and you know more than the average bear it would seem as you found the parallel between my text and the Quaife units. Once again, I leave this up to the end user to research as while Quaifes are damn nice, they aren't for everyone.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote