Old 11-05-2006, 04:20 PM   #1
elbles
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 120976
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza 2.5i
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default Aftermarket Tweeters in Factory Locations?

Hey all,

I'll be making the 600 mile trip home for Thanksgiving in a few weeks, and the stereo in the Scoob is still stock - it's going to be rough. :-)

That said, I'm planning on putting my old stereo in the Scoob over the break, including all this stuff:

1. Alpine CDA-7894
2. Two Alpine amps (one for the component set, another for the subwoofer)
3. Boston 10" subwoofer
4. CDT CL-61A 6.5" components for the front

I know I'll need an adapter to mount the midranges up front, but they should mount easily once I have that. The larger challenge will be mounting the tweeters - I cut holes in the door panels of my old cars, and that worked just fine, especially considering the car had no factory mounting location for a tweeter.

While I know the Impreza's factory location is far from the best spot for a tweeter, I would really like to mount my aftermarket ones there out of convenience, and so no one could tell that it has aftermarket equipment (just by looking, anyway). The factory tweeters look as though they have a mounting bracket that would be necessary to mount anything in the factory location, but I haven't had the time to take the door panel off to look yet. If anyone has any input on this, I'd really appreciate it - thanks, in advance.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
elbles is offline   Reply With Quote