Old 11-22-2006, 09:22 PM   #58
FuJi K
Scooby Guru

Member#: 3687
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
MY99 GF4 JDM 6spd
NF Performance

OKIES, something NEW.... I got to take a look at the FIRST DOHC NA 2.5L that we got here in the US. This head is the hydraic style valvetrain. A '96 2.5L. I NOTICED that the port is the SAME SHAPE as the gasket. The 4mm LOST is not apparent on this head. The valve covers are stamped with "4 CAM 16 VALVE" on the sides. The valve guides look just like mine so this port is actually a bit different from the SVX port, which I've seen is the same port casting on the OLD STi EJ20G heads, not sure of the Legacy EJ20G but the Imprezas seem to be. NOTE: The engine is from a friend of mines (wagonL) and is out of a '96 Legacy 2.5GT. He somewhat touched the splitters so I'm not sure if it was skinny like the '98 or what.

Here is a pic. NOW we have a '96 DOHC 2.5L head in the bunch. Not sure of the Combustion chamber yet. No doubt these '96 EJ25NA heads are KING here as a US-Spec Subaru head for intake port.

Here its layered on top of my '98 EJ25NA head to compare with the BIG PORT STi head on top.
'96 head LAYERED over the botten head which is a '98.

Here you can see the Valve guide how it protudes into the port MORE than the DOHC EJ25NA head.
EJ20G

'96 EJ25 NA DOHC
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by FuJi K; 11-23-2006 at 01:58 AM.
FuJi K is offline   Reply With Quote