Scooby Newbie

Member#: 14332
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2003 RS
blue

Wink

Something that I used for my purchase.
Find the USA invoice and MRSP price, use that info to work out the dealer markup. You can then use that markup to figure out CDN dealer invoice. Or just pay CarFax for the info.
Then work in say 5% (of invoice) or at least $1000 profit for the dealer. Go in, be nice, don't waste his time, show him your calculations and if doesn't go for it, thank him for his time and leave - go somewhere else (or go back later - different sales person) - end of the month thing is a myth far as I know.
If he agrees to the price, then talk about options.
Goto http://www.subaruparts.com - find your options, convert to canadian, figure in installation cost and that will give you a ballpark number.

Don't let the dealer sucker in extra costs such as admin/ advertising fees/ whatever (good luck).

If the sales person does the waiting game talking to his sales manger (he already knows the skinny), reverse it on him and go off and look at cars in the showroom - pick out flaws - look not very impressed with the flaws - wait until he has to come find you.

Look like your serious about the car, but not eager - that Mazda Protege5 you saw last week dosn't have AWD but its a lot cheaper and comes in a cool shade of yellow you've always dreamed of driving.

If everyone in your area won't budge in price, try joining the Toronto Subaru Club - and get a quote from the dealer who is a club sponser - it may be worth the drive to Toronto.

Richard
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
rilles is offline   Reply With Quote