quentinberg007
Scooby Guru

Member#: 7887

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice h8r View Post
Does anyone remember last year's list??
IMO GTI doesn't belong there...
Have you driven one?

Yes, the GTI belongs there. It is a blast to drive. The direct injection 2.0L is amazing as well as the 6spd. It has a top notch interior and very unique looks. Oh yeah, it gets 32mpg and has plaid seats. The handling is very much reminiscent of my fiancee's MINI Cooper S. Add in the $20k starting price, and you have a winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatGeek View Post
Car and Driver's 2007 10Best List

2007 BMW 3-series
2007 Chevrolet Corvette
2007 Chrysler 300
2007 Honda Accord
2007 Honda Fit
2007 Infiniti G35 sedan
2007 Mazda MX-5
2007 Mazdaspeed 3
2007 Porsche Boxster / Cayman
2007 Volkswagen GTI
I've highlighted the cars I've driven from the list. I completely agree with these cars being on the list. They all do what they were meant to do very well. The only car I was slightly disappointed with was the MX-5. I think I went into the test drive with too high of expectations. The 3 series would have been what I'd ordered had I been more comfortable with my financial situation. The Fit is a great car. It had tons of room while being small and nimble. I was even driving an autobox version. The GTI... well, I liked it enough to place an order for one in October... still waiting. The Mazdaspeed 3 was on my list, but I'm not a huge fan of the regular 3 interior and I didn't want to deal with the hassle of trying to get a test drive and then having the dealer hunt one down with exactly the options I wanted.

~~Quentin
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by quentinberg007; 12-03-2006 at 12:42 AM.
quentinberg007 is offline   Reply With Quote