Old 12-03-2006, 05:58 PM   #155
h62962
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 103183
Default Tire Survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke@tirerack View Post
please answer these questions

#1.) what tire are you offering for review (please include size)
General Exlaim UHP. 225/45x17 (on 17x7.5 ASA wheels all procured from the TireRack)

#2.) what is your geographic location
Eastern Mass.

#3.) what types of driving events if any (i.e. track, AutoX, RallyX)
None

#4.) percent of highway vs. city driving
90/10

#5.) your review and personal comments
Although General is not well known (or regarded) as a maker of performance rubber, I couldn't pass up the risk/reward ratio attached to this tire. It was just what I was looking for: a low profile, reasonably priced, performance tire that would give me decent wear; and it had the added bonus of being rated number one in its' category on theTireRack survey database. I caught a ton of flack from a number of yahoos in this very forum, but regardless I've been thrilled with the tires. I've put over 11K miles on the set this year and have little sign of wear. They handle as well as the car does and provide plenty of grip. They ride extremely well, are quiet and are quite competent in the rain. I know buying this tire was a minor leap of faith, but it was the right move. I've had numerous different performance tires, but I don't think this tire can be beat for the money. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend it.

Thanks for your participation
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
h62962 is offline   Reply With Quote