Old 12-06-2006, 03:33 PM   #1
shemoves
Scooby Guru

Member#: 80663
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
1997 Outback

Default The cops are at it again...watch out

Was driving home via the 303 and noticed someone pulled over. Drove another half-mile and there was someone getting lit up. Drove about another mile, and there was another cop just sitting on a side street waiting to pull out onto the highway...but my detector was silent. As I drive on, considering the purchase of a better detector, I notice a car (late 90s, green, dodge stratus/pontiac or something) on the side of the road with the hood up, and a guy standing in front of it. I think to myself...sheesh, we've got three cops over there pulling people over and this guy is stuck on the side of the road with no one but passing motorists (going 50+) whizzing by. Then the detector goes off, and I look back at the guy. It's a cop wearing blue jeans and a polo...with a radar gun and a radio strapped to his shoulder. We pay officers to keep us safe, not collect money. I agree, that enforcing traffic laws and maintaining speed can help keep roads safe, but it takes one guy planted on the top of a hill to do that.

Using Police as a form of revenue generation bothers me. It does not make sense that we pay their salary, only to have them be used to take money from us. I've been seeing it in Phoenix and in Surprise. Does anyone know how Phoenix is ranked nationally for crime?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
shemoves is offline   Reply With Quote