Vendor Sales Rating: (159)

Member#: 93646
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
Many Track Records
Let us help you go fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by udelslayer View Post
What is 50% crush? HOW the hell do you know you've achieved 50% crush? Does that change the torque value for the bolt that the gasket is behind? Are the current torque specs on the 5 layer metal ones set to a specific crush level because of their composition?
50% crush would mean they squish to 50% of the thickness they were when they came out of the package.

No. It does not change the torque value. In fact, we have found the stock torque values to work pretty well to acheive the 50% crush.

Quote:

Are these made from the flexible graphite with aramid fiber or what? I know its graphite, but it has to be combined with a material to make it flexible and they look really thick which allows the crush seal. Its my understanding that they're not reusable like the crucial racing ones?

thanks
j
No, they are not flexible. In fact, right there in the pics aboce on the package it says "Fragile! Do Not Bend!"

As I said above you might be able to get a couple of good reuses out of them, but you do have to be careful. There are no eternally reusable gaskets, and whoever is telling you that is feeding you crap.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.