Old 12-17-2006, 04:57 PM   #157
rotorhead
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 35187
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2003 impreza wrx
PSM

#1.) what tire are you offering for review (please include size)
pirelli p-zero nero m+s, stock size, 16" stock rim

#2.) what is your geographic location
indianapolis, IN

#3.) what types of driving events if any (i.e. track, AutoX, RallyX)
no event, but *cough* "spirited" *cough* driving.

#4.) percent of highway vs. city driving
50/50

#5.) your review and personal comments
i love these tires. if i'd realized how much better they are than the stock potenza, i would have put them as soon as i drove it off the lot. they are much quieter and handle beautifully. they say that all season tires do not compare to dedicated summer tires, but i'd say these handle better than some summer tires i've used in the past. they corner much better than the stockers, and the handling feels far more predictable. for instance, the bridgestones, when accellerating from a stand-still while turning, would pull a LOT more than anticipated. i'd assumed it was just an AWD thing, but doing the same maneuver with the pirellis, the car goes exactly where i expect it to. wet handling has been absolutely fantastic, as well as snow handling. i'd say the deepest snow i've run them in was about 6", but i had absolutely no problems. i was actually looking for reasons to go take a drive! i also grinned like mad when passing by oh-so-many SUV's that had slid off the road. i'd say my only complaint is that they seem to tramline a bit worse than the stockers, but it's nothing major. it's much more noticeable on grooved pavement, especially when the grooves go straight down the road vs across the road. the only way i'd buy a different tire is if i went with dedicated summer tires and had a spare set of wheels for dedicated winter tires. otherwise, pirelli gets my money!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote