View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 03:14 AM   #27
CrackaJackson
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 135912

Hey, new to the forum and was searching for the afor mentioned topic. The reason I'm asking is that I have been looking at purchasing a 2000 BMW 328i with the sport package (manual). I wanted to consider all options, and the wrx came to mind, and to my delight an 02 is in my price range.

I'm kind of going to kill two birds with one stone with this post here, I hope you don't mind. If you do, just pm me about the non body modification part.

First question, how do they handle? I'm not sure if you're familiar with BMW's, but handling is their forte. However, with the car I'm looking at, straight line performance not so much. Quick? Yes, imo. 7.5 0-60 and 15.5 ish 1/4, but compared to 6.4 0-60 and 14.??ish for a sube, the sube would definately be more attractive if it handled even better. BUT, I absolutely cannot stand the bugeye look. If I could find a wrecked 04 in a junkyard, I realize that there would be some welding required to do the swap...and it would be hard to find a wrecked car with a good front end. How much exactly am I looking at, how much time...and how does it look afterwards? $3k is definately out of my price range, especially just to make it where I don't frown until I get into the car . I was hoping maybe $500 and a weekend or two?

But like I said, handling is the most important thing to me (that, and the car has to look good to me) and I'm willing to sacrifice some straight line for some twisty performance...otherwise I'd buy a trans-am. However, I do like to break some tires loose from time to time, just for a little fun. Oversteer's pretty sweet from time to time and I heard that's near impossible with awd. Can you even get a chirp out of them, or the tail to swing out a little? Like I said, so we don't get off topic with the posts here, your opinions on sube's would be greatly appreciated in the form of personal messages. I don't like body roll at all. And it can't be buckin bronco rough. And it has to be > GM interior (not many sube's in my neck of the woods (I think I've seen 3, and I live in a city of about 40,000) so I really have never been exposed to them.)
Thanks for your time.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
CrackaJackson is offline   Reply With Quote