View Single Post
Old 03-19-2002, 04:11 PM   #18
mart242
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 16314
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Default I finally bought from Westboro

After your recommendations...

I went to Ogilvie, dealer said he could get me an RS: the blue in the showroom or a silver coming in a month. That's the only two he had and will have. No pressure at all from the salesman (Tom), he was nice and everything. He did not deal too much on the price however. Then, I wanted to see what kind of price I would get from Subaru Gatineau since it had been recommended by a few people here.

I went there and the salesman was a total assh*** and did not seem like someone who wanted to sell a car... So I left. I wasn't impressed at all by them and don't think that I will ever go back there. Sure, it was because of the attitude of the salesperson, but I'll still ban that dealer from my shopping list because of that. I guess a few of you have done that with Ogilvie and Westboro. Too bad for them!

I then gave a call to Subaru Ste-Agathe but they had no RS in stock and were not getting any more...

The next day, I went to Westboro and I ended up buying there. They gave me a really good price for my trade-in and we agreed on a fair price for the RS. Sure, I haven't had a good deal like most of you had two months ago (1000$ and more off MSRP), but the RS are almost impossible to find these days!. No pressure at all from them and they were all nice and wanted to sell me a car.

So far, I like Westboro and Ogilvie. I guess I'll have to see what kind of aftersale service I'll get from there.... but it can be worse that the attitude of the &^%#%$ salesman at Subaru Gatineau...

A word of advice, if you're planning on buying an RS, do it fast, the dealers are running out of RS. Only 10 dealers in Ontario had a 5spd RS in stock, and I got one of these...

My car is coming from Toronto and I should be getting it next week. Silver RS (My choices were either silver or blue, and they found a silver).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mart242 is offline   Reply With Quote