So I managed to install the engine and fit the remote oil filter. With the main engine cables disconected I went for the oil pressure run. It took several lengthly cranks without the spark plugs before the oil pressure gauge went up to over 50psi. That's were engine builders grease helps. Anyway I had oil pressure, so I went for the engine start. After four turns she fired up and ran sweet with no bad sounds or smoke. Problem was my exhaust was past it's best so the wife cried enough after a few mins. I must say it sounded awesome, better than any scare crow. So now I have one of those OBX header thingies on order. Okay not great, but better than a stock header.
Can't wait to drive the beastie.