View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 04:53 PM   #158
Duck_n_Cover
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 131055
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza RS
"Regal Blue Pearl"

#1.) what tire are you offering for review (please include size)

Kumho ASX - 205/55R16

#2.) what is your geographic location

Western NY (Halfway between Buffalo and Erie, PA)

#3.) what types of driving events if any (i.e. track, AutoX, RallyX)

None.

#4.) percent of highway vs. city driving

~75% city/25% hwy

#5.) your review and personal comments

1/9 - First Impression

First of all, at $378 installed (including 8% sales tax!), they were an excellent deal. I've read good things about these, and a coworker got a set for his wife's Integra, and they like them a lot. I just got them on this past friday (1/5/07), I haven't had much time to get a feel for them yet, but this morning I woke up to the first snowfall in a month, and drove five miles on unplowed roads. ASTONISHINGLY better than the RE92's, for serious. Granted, I had those awful bridgestones for 36k miles, which is probably too long, and I lucked out with virtually no snow this winter, but it was fantastic to drive with them. I'll subscribe this thread and edit this post once I get a better feel for them.

1-13 - Update

I've had the change to drive on these tires in some snow and rain, and on the highway some, and I love them. They look good, they're no louder or quieter than the RE92s, and they feel great. A whole lot more lateral traction, in particular, than I'm used to-- much harder to get the back end out of whack with standard tire pressure, than with the old tires.

Conclusion: ~400 miles in, I love these tires. Money well spent.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Duck_n_Cover; 01-13-2007 at 10:37 PM. Reason: update
Duck_n_Cover is offline   Reply With Quote