Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (44)

Member#: 89285
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
'98 EJ20 Legacy w/
JDM RA tranny & '04 FXT

Chris --

Not yet. Hopefully we'll be able to do that soon. However, it's not quite as easy with turbochargers to do that as it is with, for example, exhaust manifolds or TGV's. The bearing cartridges in turbos actually are wear and tear items and a core exchange is sort of asking for issues..... we'd much rather do your specific turbo and not get them mixed up because the physical state of the turbo will be known to you. Although, it would be possible for us to simply send the housings and you send your stock housings back. That way you keep your cartridge. The housings are shockingly easy to take off and put back on... anybody could do it. That's probably what would happen if we got a core exchange deal going, but that likely wont be for a while. If you really can't have your car down and really want it done, you might want to purchase a used turbo and have the service done to that. You can always then sell the other used turbo for the same amount later and not be out any money in the long term

btw -- usually I tell people with TD04's to save their money. It's such a small turbo and responds and spools so quickly as-is, that the P&P&C work doesn't make a difference that you can feel very easily. It's still good stuff, but I just don't think the bang for the buck is there like it is in basically any larger turbo (any VF-series and up). We're happy to do it, of course, but I do have an interest in helping people get the most for their $$$ and putting that much work into a TD04 might not do that.....

Jeremy
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Crucial Racing is offline   Reply With Quote