Originally Posted by myliberty
Excellent write up...
Obviously only halfway through engine bay fabrication. so please - no comments.
I might add, you guys have it so much easier - with the brake booster and clutch master on the LHS.
Mine has a modified closed deck EZ30 block, time will tell how it compares to a sleeved block. Did you consider the whole "boxer bore shift" issue? I would have thought that the sleeves alone would walk around on the head gaskets.
I considered the big ends for a while.. I ended up using std(size) STI big end bearings, as they have a wider cross section than the H6 bearings = more surface area to carry load, and can still be held captive with a custom rod (I used bespoke ARGO rods).
Just thought I'd let you know that the Aussies are onto it as well.
yes, it's a back yard shed, and no, it's not a show car, it's built to race.
Very very nice! I love to hear about more H6 projects. The sleeve issue is something we talked about, and only time will really tell. I ended up not sleeving my block primarly so I can find out what the limit of the sleeveless setup is. Your rod setup sounds very interesting.
Built to race... very very nice.