Old 02-05-2007, 03:50 PM   #8
scoobie-do17
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 119716
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2005 LGT
White

just got a tip from somebody on clubwrx that it might be a problem with the bead:

garrisonREX sez...

"I know exactly what ur problem is. See the bead on the tire is probably coming off because the tire is bent or pulled on the low side of the car. Is the tire goin flat one of the ones on the lower side of the car? If it is then thats ur problem.I kept havin the same problems with a set of snow tires i have, since the sidewall is taller it was easier to de-bead them, especialy when i was doing doughnuts in the snow, and would hit a small dry spot, and what it does is bend the tire back(or forth) so that it comes unattached from the rim loosing air, and if u have a low tire, this is bound to happen as well. Take your tire to any tire shop and have them look at it(usually they'll do it for free), and when they find out theres nothing in it, they'll more than likely put bead sealer on it, if not, just have them do it to the tire anyway. What your saying sounds like whats happened to me many times, so thats my guess"
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
scoobie-do17 is offline   Reply With Quote