2013 BRZ
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbACUZ View Post
Im in.
added you to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldwrx View Post
< most likely in on the GB - does it use stock gaskets?
yes it does. we made sure not to make the pipe TOO big so you dont have to go buy different gaskets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlovro32 View Post
When would we need to pay by? Either way, you can count me in.

Thanks,
Mike
to tell you the truth, i'm not sure what the standard is when other vendors take payment in the group buys. could anyone advise us on what "typically" happens regarding payment in group buys? i dont want to make it harder for people so i just want to make sure we are in the norm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WReXd View Post
Count me in. Is it possible to fit the stock heatshields on this pipe?
got you on the list. when i was prototyping this piece awhile back i put the stock heatshield on the pipe. i remember doing a little modification..but i cant remember exacty what i did. i think that i just took the brackets out and it fit right in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathinez View Post
Not having the flex joint, would that be a problem. I had already got the pnp manifolds from you and anything to help spool is great. I am just worried about it cracking or something without the flex joint. But I'm not running one in my up pipe either so....just curious.
good question, people ask me about this frequently because we are the first in the industry to offer one without a flex. What i can tell you is that from testing one on my car for a long time now, i have had zero issues with this piece(my prototype wasnt even as nice as these production ones). If you take a look at the stock "flex", it actually doesnt even flex that much. My thoughts were; i put 1000's of miles on my test piece with no issues, the stock piece doesnt really even flex that much, we will gain higher flow with out a flex, and it will be more cost effective for you guys....these are the exact reasons we made the pipe we did. A few customers have had to loosen the 6 bolts that go from the collectors into the head to get theirs to fit perfect but that really isnt a big deal. so in short, i have yet to have a single problem with even my prototype that i have had on my car for a long time now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B16A2NR View Post
Since these are larger diameter than stock: 45mm compared to the 38mm stocker. Do the oem manifold outlets that mate up with the crossover have to be port matched? OR does this larger crossover match up flush with the unported stock outlets? To get full efficiency out of this mod I presume that the outlets need to be gasket port matched.
wrxed is right. to make MAX potential from this piece a mild porting just to one port(passenger side collector inlet) would be a good idea. However, you definitely do not have to do this to find gains. I suppose i should be pumping our pnp manifold services here but i really dont care...just being up front and honest.

thanks for all of the activity on this so far guys
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.