Old 02-07-2007, 10:03 PM   #1
chimchimm5
Scooby Guru

Member#: 88501
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Hatch
Dark Grey

Default How many autox did your Goodyear F1 GS D3 survive?

I know this has a lot to do with driving style, alignement, and surface conditions; but just to get an idea, how many autox (and how many miles in between) did your Goodyear F1 GS D3's survive?

I've got a couple of autox coming up, then a track day, then more autox, then Laguna Seca in April. I'm trying to figure out when I'm gonna need new tires so I can plan. My current tread looks like (kinda worn on the outer edge but good in the middle):

Current rear tire

Current front tire

I've moved the more worn tires to the rear (and unfortunately won't be flipping them on the rim) and got a more performance oriented alignment. I stopped daily driving them so I'm guess it'll last at least until through the first track day.

On top of this, most of the scrubbing was from my first autox where I was learning the limits of the car. That pretty much wore down the outer edges more. Even wear since then has just exposed the outer edge first. Now that I know my car better, hopefully I won't be scrubbing and rolling over like that first time.

Opinions?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
chimchimm5 is offline   Reply With Quote