Vehicle:
2000 Impreza OBS
"Puff-The Magic Wagon"

Impreza GC8 Winterforce!!!

#1.) Winterforce M+S 195/65/15

#2.) New England

#3.) Everything from daily commute to Rally-X

#4.) About 60% city 40% highway

#5.) I was very skeptical about buying these tires because of the fact that I had never heard of them before and they are the cheapest snow tires Tirerack sells, but I was in desperate need of some new tires on my car and planned on buying higher performance skins for spring/summer use so I figures what the heck, I'll buy snow tires. Another reason I went with the cheapies (other than I was tryin' to save a buck) is that they appeared to have the most aggressive tread pattern of all the snow tires in the selection. The all season tires that were on the car when I bought it were absolutely horrible in any road condition other than completely dry. I have never been more pleased with a tire purchase in my life. (and i've bought numerous sets). These tires turned my car into a freakin' snow-tank. So far I've put about 2000 miles on'em and I can't say enough about them. They're awesome in wet conditions and offer great dry traction. Also, I Rally-X'd for the first time ever and I took 4th place in my class out of 22 cars (which I attribute partially to these tires). The terrain was 90% soft snow coverage and about 10% dirt/mud. I went a lil' narrower and taller than the OEM size for even better snow traction, but dry cornering suffered a little. It took a few days of drivin' to adjust to the change in handling, but a change well worth it in my mind. If you go thinner and taller like I did, prepare for a much more squirrelly feel at higher speeds. Also, these skins can be a lil' noisy at speeds greater than 65, but this isn't necessarily a problem for me cuz' I like my music loud. I highly recommend these tires if you're serious about snow traction.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....e1=yes&place=0

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by blix666; 05-30-2007 at 07:35 PM.
blix666 is offline   Reply With Quote