Crucial Racing
Former Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (44)

Member#: 89285
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
'98 EJ20 Legacy w/
JDM RA tranny & '04 FXT

$200 for most headers like that (that don't include uppipe... so Borla, Perrin, Gruppe-S, etc etc) as per our process here: www.crucialracing.com/products/coating.php

Every one is slightly different in terms of collectors. We have actually done a lot of P&P work on Perrin headers that come in for coating and touch up. Sometimes there are pretty fat lips inside of the flanges and the collector right before the uppipe flange sometimes has a lip and/or welding slag and whatnot. Don't get me wrong!.... they perform great and they're nice. Nothing against the product or Perrin WHATSOEVER. I try to bite my tongue in public but speaking just from a P&P perspective we are asked by customers (not us suggesting it) to do that work on the Perrin headers for nearly every one that we coat. There's usually about 30 minutes to an hour of work necessary.

Since it's stainless piping, not thick cast iron like an OEM manifold, they cannot be just drilled and tapped for an EGT probe. We actually have to drill a hole and weld an EGT bung on. Not a problem... we have stainless EGT bungs in stock and can TIG weld one on for you.

Please e-mail ([email protected]) for details on that stuff....

Jeremy
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Crucial Racing is offline   Reply With Quote