View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #3
Mulder
Trust no one
Moderator
 
Member#: 11170
Join Date: Oct 2001
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
02 WRX
05 GTO/11 Sonata(!)

Default

There is a thermal fuse built into the lighter socket itself. Your inverter probably caused the socket to overheat and blew that fuse. The fix is a new socket.
Although it's possible, I don't suggest soldering a jumper across the fuse because that will eliminate the thermal protection.
Inverters and other high-current devices should be run from the battery if possible and not from the socket.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote