View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 10:31 AM   #280
AnnapolisSubaruSales
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 125091
Chapter/Region: MAIC

I just hope that you guys realize that this is exactly what needed to happen to the Impreza to become competitive in the small car market. Only a few of you on here actually sell these cars (or parts for them) and you don't understand (or don't want to understand) the business aspect of selling cars.

The number one complaint I got on the 2.5i is the interior. The interior in the Impreza has been almost identical since 2002, and in the same general area since 1998. That seems to have been remedied with the 2008. Some of you complained that the exterior is bland - what else do you expect? Subaru didn't really hide the fact that this redesign would be more main-stream in appearance.

OK, so some of you feel that it is no longer a performance car. It never really WAS a performance car. It was an economy car that just so happen to have 220HP.

The WRX will still sell, but the 2.5i is going to become the bread-and-butter of Impreza sales for Subaru. What would you rather have: a more main-stream car that appeals to a lot of people that sells a lot of cars, or have your beloved Subaru go out of business entirely?

--Andy
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AnnapolisSubaruSales is offline   Reply With Quote