Old 04-09-2007, 07:21 AM   #345
Siper2
Scooby Guru

Member#: 1134
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2007 BMW 328xi wagon
Silver

Well guys... I still think this car will whip the previous Imprezas, all day long. Not to mention what the new STI will be able to do.

WRXBrakes' views are great, and very interesting. I personally think the brakes are from the Legacy GT, which therefore are bigger and better than the 2006-2007 ones, even though the calipers aren't 4-pot/2-pot front/rear respectively. The future may see upgraded calipers, but as it stands, if they are LGT brakes (and they look it), they're better anyway.

The aluminum hood may likely come back, once costs have evened out. I'm sure Subaru had to focus on the major areas they wanted to improve, and make a few sacrifices elsewhere. The JDM market may see aluminum hoods on their versions, which if true, probably means they'll be back by '09 or '10. And/or they'll be on the STI version, which means people will hood swap anyway.

The interior layout is great, even though I'm disappointed that the seats still look typical non-JDM Subaru: crap. Though, the seatbacks *do* greatly resemble Recaro Sport or SRDs, with that upper-back cushion spot. So who knows, maybe the STI will finally get what it deserves.

=S2=
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.