Old 04-12-2002, 12:19 PM   #16
kooyaa
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 14350
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STI
WR Blue

You guys are pretty well versed in you Hip Hop. Haven't had time to keep up with the underground scene, so I don't know too much about the newer emcees and groups. I would consider myself a novice re: knowledge of the genre, but I do know what I like: lyricism. Can't beat Mos Def, KRS-1 (although I haven't peeped his "religious" album yet--I'm a little skeptical) Dilated (I am one of the few that thinks Evidence is more gifted lyrically than Rakaa) Nas (his automatic guns at nuns verse in back to the grill still trips me out), El-P and the other Quannum peeps. And I ain't hating on the mainstream emcees that are skilled in the art; though those are few and far between--eminiem comes to mind.

I too come from a filipino family of hip hop heads . . . I used to D.J. but then again, what filipino kid from cerritos did not belong to a D. J. crew at one time or another. In fact, if you are a filipino male and from cerritos, I know two things about you: you have a pair of 1200's stowed away somewhere, and you drive or used to drive a lowered honda/acura.

Yeah, I hope to meet other SCIC Hip Hop heads at upcoming meets, but I just don't have the time to make it out them right now. I can't even make it to the Rim becuase I have finals on Fri. and Sat. of that week I've only been to one meet--Burbank KK but by the time I got out of line from getting donuts, most people left already! (got there kinda late).

D.J. Koo-Yaa
(Formerly of Icon Events which was formerly Top Priority Productions which was formerly Illumination Entertainmnet--we went through more name changes than Sean Combs).

Whatcha say Hammer? Proper.
Rap is not Pop, if you call it that then stop!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kooyaa is offline   Reply With Quote