View Single Post
Old 04-15-2002, 09:47 AM   #221
UDPride
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 13906

This isnt specific to VividRacing per se, but a general comment or two. I've read all of the vendor comments on these forums over the past several months and its pretty much underlined my initial observation that if you want the best service and best ability to keep on top of an order or status of an order, getting it from a local provider is still the most comfortable way to go. I read about people buying hood scoops, wheels/rims, springs, etc on here in GBs and sometimes folks wait a week and sometimes they wait two and a half months. Thats unacceptable for me. And you have to really ask yourself how much you're really saving. Figure ever extra hour you have to spend chasing down an order or status of an order is $50 -- a lowball estimate of how much all of our free time is worth. So cheapest isnt always least expensive. Unless I'm purchasing an extremely expensive product or one I cannot get locally, I will continue to stick to the shops near my home for what I need. I can get answers easy, and if anything looks fishy, I can walk into the store and talk face to face which clears up mumbo jumbo 99.9% of the time. Perhaps that may cost you 10% more on your bill, but with all the time and aggravation you save (usually), I consider it a wash even in the worst case.

I think too often folks get enamored with how much something costs and all they look at is the money saved on the receipt and not all the other things that go into buying and selling. There is your time involved, the relationship, the one-on-one or lack thereof, etc.

Again, this has nothing to to with VividRacing. All I know is what ive read good and bad on them as well as all the other vendors. Just giving an opinion from a different angle.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
UDPride is offline   Reply With Quote