Old 04-24-2007, 11:12 PM   #26
salt
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 105055
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 STi 11.7@123
GT30R E85 22psi

I got my replacement fitting today, I was VERY careful on the install and threaded everything by hand first. I started the car and everything was fine. I was backing around my other car in my driveway and I head a pop and a loss of power steering. I looked and the teflon line had burst through the fitting. I redid the line with 2mm of teflon line exposed past the stainless instead of 4mm which I did before. The teflon line fits into a brass compression fitting that gets crushed by the end. Now I have about 2 full quarts of ATF in my driveway. I drove around a bit before I had the courage to go full lock. I drove for about 20 minutes to burn off all of the ATF from my engine bay. All of the people in the lane behind me had to get over because of all the smoke. Eventually I turned it back and forth to full lock and it held fine. It was dark so I couln't tell if there were any leaks. Tomorrow I will spray brake cleaner on all of the fittings and see if there is leakage anywhere. One other note of interest is you will have to notch the belt guard since the 90 degree fitting is too tall. I will try to take some pics at lunch tomorrow.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
salt is offline   Reply With Quote