NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 25952
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
1995 Impreza Coupe
w/ "Extras" :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scby rex
Hi I noticed you said there was a restrictor in the pressure line for the powersteering. Are you sure its not in the return to prevent foaming? Also do you have any pics of this? And dimentions so it will fit inside of the stainless steel lines Im ordering. if you can send any pics it would be apreciated. Thanks
Here are the pictures to prove it. I've done this same thing quite a few times, except instead of using AM fittings, I reuse the factory rack side (The bent metal pieces that attach to the rack itself, and just use a hydraulic crimping machine to crimp everything down. My pressure line is a stainless steel jacketed teflon lined hose for strength, and my return line is rubber to allow it to fit onto the fluid resevoir. There is very little pressure in the return, so a steel braided rubber line works fine. The restrictor in the PRESSURE line serves two purposes. It restricts pressure and acts as a silencer. Without that piece, fluid runs at too high of a pressure and the power steering line will actually make alot of noise, cause the pump to make noise because it sucks up aerrated fluid from the bottle, and it will cause your power steering to be very jerky and most of the time, it will be hard to steer..

Here are pictures for proof.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
wrx_driver_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote