PENNYWISE330
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (3)

Member#: 56101
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2005 STI
BLUE

Post Thinking about Dyno Authority? Read this!!

New to the Washington area? You may have many of the same questions I had…who’s got an All Wheel Dyno and for Gods sake, who knows how to use it!

So here’s my story…

After a week of forum searching I ended up settling on the Cobb Accessport 2 for my moderately modded 2005 Subaru STI. As innovative as the Cobb product seemed, I knew I was going to want a ProTune. I just felt uncomfortable having my $34,000 beast running on an off the shelf tune, especially when I couldn’t verify the many parameter’s that needed to be in check for a “safe” tune.

I placed a few phone calls and ended up settling with Dyno Authority. The rates seemed competitive and Ryan was willing to answer ALL of my questions. Ryan literally walked me through every component that needed to be prepped before I brought in my car. To me, customer service goes a long way…Ryan and the guys at Dyno Authority did their job at settling my fears and making me feel as comfortable as possible about tuning my car.

On the day of the tune I was greeted with the same courtesy I had come to love on the phone. I was promptly introduced to Tim, Dyno Authority’s resident tuner…after a few questions ( I had hundreds), my car was whisked away for prep.

Now for the fun part…

It took all of 15min to get my STI hooked up and rolling on the dyno…another 10 after that and I was staring at my first pull numbers. I patiently watched as Tim made pull after pull. It was actually quite interesting watching my car evolve right in front of me. Tim was very methodical…he really didn’t speak much during the actual tune itself (except for answering my dumb questions of course), I didn’t mind though…I could tell he was in his zone.

In the end, Tim was able to make a very reliable 299HP/285TQ at the wheels (mind you, a stock STI only pushes about 245 to the ground). My goal was around 300…as close as we were, I was very satisfied.

Take this review how you will, just one guys opinion…I will close with this…

One month later my car still hits like a freight train, no check engine lights, BETTER fuel mileage!!! Yea, who would have thought….

Next is the Turbo Upgrade…

Will I use Dyno Authority again? You’re damn right.

-Derek
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.