Interior:

Engine:

Car:

2006 Subaru Impreza STi
Crystal Gray Metallic w/ Gold Wheels
20,500 current miles
Always getting more mods.

Story:

I purchased my 2006 STi in August 06 at a Chrysler dealership. At the time I was driving a 04 Dodge Stratus R/T. I had no problems with that car other that it was a slow dog. I always had this "thing" for a STi but never thought I could get one brand new (They retail for $34k ish).

I was driving down ST Rd. 60 heading home. For some reason I felt I should take a small drive around town before I went home. To my surprise I find this STi sitting right out-front of the used car lot at Courtesy Chrysler. There it sat in all its glory, begging for somebody to come and get it, as if it was calling my name (lol). To make a long story short from here, I simply did a u-turn and went in to "inquire" about the car. Test drove it, fell in love with it. 2hrs later I was just about ready to drive home with it. Only one problem. They wanted $32k for it w/ 7k miles on it. I simply could not see paying near brand new price for a pre owned car. Much less, one that could have been spiritedly driven. I asked for them to lower the price down to $29k. For the price they wanted, I would have gone to Mastro Subaru and got it brand new. Keep in mind that I was already approved and good to go, which was exciting to begin with. I left the dealership dissapointed (it was Friday) since they wouldn’t budge.

On Saturday morning I get a call from the dealer telling me to come back in. They were willing to entertain the offer. I got the STi for $29k and they gave me $13k for my trade. It was a great deal. My downfall however was the knowledge of what the car had gone through from the previous owner. Apparently, the previous owner had done some mods on it and basically bitched it up. The dealer sold me a car w/o a cat on it. It had an HKS Downpipe with stock cat back and a welded straight pipe in replacement of the cat. 7 vacuum lines were missing (car was running 7psi) I had the slightest clue about the car's mechanics and I had to force-feed myself to learn this car quickly.

It took me a month to get the car running normal again. Today, the car is pushing 327whp/355wtq and it’s well taken cared of.

I'm part of a local car team here in
Tampa, TeamSSP. I show the car as much as I can. The long term goal for this car is to convert it into a WRC replica clone. Yes, it will take a lot of time and money to do this project, but it will be well worth it in the future.

Mods:

Sponsors:

Rota Wheels (Full Sponsorship as of 11/15/06)
GNV Motorsports (Partial Sponsorship as of 11/19/06)

Engine :

Injen CAI with custom ram air duct hose connected to the front bumper.
SPT 3” Cat-back
Invidia V3 Downpipe (Heat Wrapped)
Cobb Accessport (Protune by Mark French @ TurboTrix)
SPT Oil Cap
SPT Battery Tie down
STi High Pressure radiator cap
Hallman MBC
GFB WRX Bypass/Blowoff (50/50) valve
Custom painted alternator and fuse covers
Tein Hood Dampers
Perrin Radiator Hose kit (red)
Perrin Radiator Shroud (Silver)
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump

Exterior:

Zero Sports Roof Vane Spoiler (Painted in Obscidian Black Pearl)
Chargespeed Bottomlines Type 2 Carbon front lip
APR C/F License plate cover
Custom painted headlights (Black Cherry Metallic)
STi Front Plate Cover

Suspension:

Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs
Carbing front strut tower bar

Interior:

Custom two tone shift boot (Black leather w/ blue alancarta suede)
JDM Hazard switch
STi embroidered floor mats (black) (for shows only)
AAA Exotics Blue and Black real carbon fiber 26pcs dash kit
Custom Carbon Fiber Gauge Bezel (actual piece)

ICE:

Pioneer AVIC-D1 NAV/DVD double din indash head unit
Memphis Audio all-around speakers

Wheels:

Rota Torques 18x8 wrapped in Falken Azenis 615 225/40zr18
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.