Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
'02 WRX
'10 4Runner

Make your choice for June's Top Scoob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKR S06 View Post

Well,

Here is MY06 WRX. When I first moved to Lafayette I had a very clean 2000 Civic SI. I remember when I drove up to my apartment complex here in Lafayette there was a guy out here that was washing his 2005 STi. I was thinking to myself cool, another car guru living here and we can both do mods and all. Well, we both began to enter our cars together in car shows. It was a lot of fun and all but, I just loved how my buddies mods were looking on his car more than mine and most importantly, the power his car had over mine. Well, one day we were outside just messing with our cars and I asked him if he had his digital camera. He asked me are you going to sell your car? I said, yes we’ll see how if it sells.

As it was for sale I started to look for a WRX at many dealers all over Texas, Louisiana and Alabama. I finally found one exactly the way I wanted it , color and all in Covington, LA. The guy that bought my Si was in New Orleans, LA. So, on my day off title in hand I drove to New Orleans to drop off my car to the new owner. I asked him for a ride to Covington and he even let me drive to Covington in my Si. We got to the Subaru dealership, exchanged the cash and title for the Si, shook hands and he was on his way in the Si. I was sitting car less in this Subaru dealership trying to work a deal. I got the deal I wanted put the down payment and drove off in my new WRX with 17 miles on it. This WRX is the very first brand new car I have ever owned….I usually buy used cars. But, I played a trick on my friend Mark here with the STi. I told him I did not get the car and I had to rent a car to drive back to Lafayette. I asked him to pick me up at the rental car drop off at the airport and I would call him once I got there to start heading that way.

I pulled up at Marks garage and called him to come get me….he sounded so disappointed. He said I will be there in a bit. I sat outside of his garage, Mark and his girlfriend came walking around the corner and seen me sitting up against MY06 WRX…..if you could have seen the expression on his face, IT WAS PRICELESS! He was excited that now I had a Subaru to mod. I hope this story didn’t sound to gay, cause we are not. My Scooby has seen auto-x and quarter mile track. But, now I just take care of it and just love this car and how much fun it is to drive. I have a 1998 Civic that is my daily driver and my WRX has 4936 miles to date. I don’t drive it in the rain or dirt. I like to show it and just take care of it. I have put a little more than 7K in mods on it now. Every mod I have tried to keep it looking as factory as possible. I want people to think I bought the car like this from Subaru. I know my car is nothing special but, it is modded very clean and that’s what I wanted. Also, all gauges and the DVD/NAV all are backlit in green so everything matches the factory color. All wires are loomed and zip tied so everything looks like it was done from the factory. I just payed very close attention to detail and a number of hours adding these mods to the car. This car is my pride and joy and I have got a lot of complements on it. I am not a professional photographer so I am sorry about not such great pics, I will try and get some better ones up soon. So, everyone please vote for my car cause it is the cleanest…HA!

Here is the mod list,

Exterior

2004 STi BBS (powdercoated) Silver
Replica V-Limited Lip
Rockblockers
STi Limited rear spoiler
2005 Taillights
STi underbody Panels and Diffuser
35% tint
STi left windshield wiper
43K Denso HID kit

Suspension and Brakes

Eibach Pro-Kit

Soon to come,
COBB Sway Bars
COBB Front and Rear endlinks
Hawk HP Pads
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Motul Brake Fluid

Interior

Armrest Extension
Homelink Mirror
Defi-Link gauges (Boost, Oil press, EGT)
Eclipse AVN 5500 DVD/NAV
Infinity 6.5 Components (Front)
Infinity 5.25 two-way (Rear)
Ensolite on all four doors
STi piston shift knob
Raptor LED shift light
Subaru all-weather floor mats

Engine

VF39
COBB AP V2 (Tuned by Engine Logics Houston,TX)
STi Top mount
STi Splitter and Bellow
Invidia Downpipe
STi Catback
Perrin Lightweight pulley
Perrin Oil catch can
Perrin After MAF tube
SPT Radiator Shroud
SPT Battery Tie Down
Modified Stock turbo heatsheild
K&N drop in panel filter
Intake silencer delete
I know I am forgetting some other mods but you get the ideal.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.