Scooby Guru

Member#: 15341
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2012 Borderline Pro
Photographer of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2VT View Post
I got a question. Here's a semi night shot I took last year. I'm wondering how to improve on night shots with what I have:

I have a Canon Rebel G 35mm with 28-90mm lense, a 19-35mm wideangle lense and tripod. Also an HP Photosmart 6.2 megapixel digital.
Since I have no idea how to change speeds, apetures, exposures or photoshop...
1) what should I do besides eventually learning all these?
2) any modes on the 35mm I can use while learning those?
3) any point and shoot tips for the digital?

thanks!
Well, if I remember correctly, you should have a good number of different modes on your Canon Rebel G, so you can experiment with those for sure. It should also be pretty easy to figure out how to change your aperture, shutter speed, etc. Granted, being 35mm you don't have luxury of taking a photo and seeing how it comes out right away, but the same exact rules still apply. After all, the digital SLRs carried all their same functions over from the standard film SLRs. Same tips apply to your point and shoot as well, especially when it comes to composition and lighting. You should have a way to turn off your flash...the only challenging thing on your point and shoot is figuring out your shutter speed and exposure.

I'd say the bottom line is to learn all the functions of your two cameras so you know how to change settings and such quickly. Once you know where everything is, you shouldn't have any problems with the rest

Armin
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Verdugo is offline   Reply With Quote