Scooby Newbie

Member#: 82424
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
Black Onyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzie View Post
I think the AC system takes somewhere around 22 or 24oz of freon. I emptied an entire 18oz can (a big one) and that put it right at about where it should have been. Those smaller cans only have about 12oz in them, so you may want to put another can in it. The labels under the hood indicate how much refrigerant the system needs.
Well I don't know how much was already in the system, so I really need to buy a gauge, but it blows pretty cold for now so I'm not going to worry about it just yet. But anyway, doesn't it seem odd to anyone else that we have to recharge it at all? Obviously it has a leak somewhere, or was undercharged from the factory. I guess time will tell since I just recharged mine.

I had a Miata I bought new in '93 and when I sold it two years ago, the A/C was still working great. Same with my girlfriend's '01 Kia Rio. I just don't know about Subaru quality. Don't mean to troll, I really like my Baja, but there's been several other common issues (driver's door weatherstrip, lower radiator hose leak, etc.) and when I try to take it to the dealer (when it was under warranty), there was always some lame excuse (the weatherstrip is the "turbo warning system" warning you to slow down as the turbo's breaking in, that's why it buzzes at speed). Lame!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
pdiz is offline   Reply With Quote