View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 09:27 PM   #13
Scooby Guru
Member#: 5039
Chapter/Region: South East
2007 Outback XT
Grey 5-speed

Pics as promised:

Rod forward(as would be in 1st 3rd and 5th)

Rod center(neutral)

Rod rear(as would be in 2nd 4th and Reverse)

Then just to be sure, I unpinned the fork again and rotated it all the way vertical in both directions(with the shoulder bolt still in place) at all three of these points(and a few in between) to see if the angle would create interference and again no problems.

Another interesting point is that drilling out the smaller side to 3/8"(as Josh did above) but instead using a 3/8" x 1.75" shoulder bolt would be a near ideal solution to replacing the pinned rod in question. Reason being, the fork in question's outside measurement is 1 51/64" which would allow the edge of the shoulder to pass into the newly enlarged hole from the other side but not completely through the entire fork(the metal of the fork is 1/8" thick.) Meaning tightening it down through that extra 3/64" would fully seat the nut and eliminate almost all additional side to side slop in the fork itself and obviously prevent any wobbling around of the shoulder bolt itself.

This too would be easier to see with pics I think so Ill take some once I get the pieces together.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by subysouth; 06-19-2007 at 09:35 PM.
subysouth is offline   Reply With Quote