Old 07-02-2007, 09:39 AM   #77
PacmanGSX
Gone... But not forgotten

Member#: 113077
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
1999 2.5RS
Some Blue Color

Ok, so here's the series of events Friday night.

Drive to the track, stop 2 miles away and dump the gas in.
Tech and all that good stuff (Yea i'm gonna run 13's blah blah blah)
Line up for the first run, 12psi off the line, 1.9 60' with the tires spinning, 11.87@121mph

Second run; another tiring spinning launch (Didn't want to snap the axles) 11.86 @121.

So here's where I'm starting to get agitated, banging the 1-4 clutchless with my good ole PPG 1-4 Dogset and only 11.86. I couldn't figure it out, I mean i know the 60' sucked but that was by choice. (My average 60' in my own car is between 1.60 and 1.65) So I hook the utec up and go for another run to check the boost, AH HA! only 28psi.... Turned the boost up to 32psi and let it rip. What a time to get the run, I look to my left and there is a 35R EVO. Tree drops, I'm off, clutchless 1-2 off the rev limit, still next to him, clutchless 2-3 off the rev limit and then it just right back to the rev limit. At this point i'm yelling at the car.... Stupid clutch. The twin plate had been sitting in Jamie's tool box for months. I guess it wasn't in such good shape anymore.

So the moral of the story is, I trapped 121 on low boost not launching the car, so with axles and a good clutch.... Low 11's maybe a high 10.

Thoughts???

-Edwin
Andrewtech Automotive
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
PacmanGSX is offline   Reply With Quote